Sometimes the IPOD hangs, could be due to the software maybe?
Well, let me share on how to reset the IPOD by different Generations.
For Generation 4, 5 ,6 and Mini with the Click Wheel
- Slide the Hold switch to the locked position and then slide it to unlocked again
- Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons together until you see the logo (about six to eight seconds). You might need to repeat this step
For Generation 3, 2 and 1
- You can hard reset by holding the menu and play/pause buttons together for a few seconds
- Screen will go blank and you will be greeted by the logo
- You will then be asked to select the language