Here’s what you can do to turn it off (By default the IPOD should always be on standby mode)
- Press and hold the “Play/Pause” button. Wait until the display disappears.
- Toggle the Hold switch. This is located on the top of the iPod. Turning Hold on will keep your iPod from accidentally turning on if a button is pressed. Toggle the switch again to turn the iPod back on. (Thus always in standby mode)
- Sometimes by pressing the “Play/Pause” button doesn’t turn off the display.
- You can try toggling the hold switch or
- You can play a song or switch a few songs before holding the “Play/Pause” button again
- If the above still doesn’t work, do a reset to the IPOD. (This could be found in the Tips and Tricks Category)